Rag & Bones operates cooperatively as an inclusive space to volunteer, work on bikes, read books and participate in community. We are a member of the Bike Collectives Network of cooperatives and community projects and participate in Bike!Bike!, and international conference of folks who run these spaces. As such, we also adhere to their safer space agreement, which was decided upon collectively. We feel that this makes the shop more welcoming for a greater amount of people.
- We enter with a commitment to mutual respect, mutual aid, anti-oppression advocacy, conflict resolution, anti-violence, and community building.
- We respect everyone’s names, gender pronouns, expressed identities and experiences.
- We support the empowerment of each person and group.
- We commit to making spaces as accessible as possible; physically, socially, and personally.
- We are peaceful and honest.
- We respect each others bodies and spaces.
- We commit to hearing each other and creating opportunities for all voices to be heard.
- We accept a shared responsibility to hold ourselves and one another accountable for these agreements’ intent.
- We encourage open minds and open hearts.
- We promote inclusive learning spaces and questions in the spirit of personal growth.