For residents in Richmond who need transportation but do not have the funds to buy a bicycle, we have an adult Earn-A-Bike program.
Here’s how it works:
15 hours of work = $150 shop credit
Shop credit MUST be put towards a bicycle, if credit earned exceeds the value of bicycle wanted, the remainder may be used however the participant wishes, but is not cash transferable.
You are Eligible if:
- You live in the Richmond metro area.
- You have read our respect and inclusivity policy and agree to comply with it.
- You sign up in person at the shop during our open hours.
- Please remember, every bike we don’t sell for money is a bicycle that isn’t helping us keep the space open, so please determine your need with that in mind.
Volunteer work you might do:
- Basic donations organization
- Part organizing
- Kids bike repair and giveaway
- Flyering around town to advertise the shop and events
- Picking up small donations
- Carpentry and general cosmetic shop help